- PLUMP: 90.0
- THRU: 1.0
- COLOR: 3.5
- MOISTURE: 3.5
- FRIABILITY (MIN.): 85
- EXTRACT FG, DRY BASIS: 81
- EXTRACT FG/CG, DIFFERENCE: 1.5
- PROTEIN: 11.5
- SOLUBLE 4.9
- S/T: 43
- ALPHA AMYLASE: 35
- DIASTATIC POWER (LINTNER): 90
- FAN: 160
BEST SUITED FOR
- Can be used as a fuller-bodied base or brewer’s malt.
- Use in all beer styles where an enhanced malt flavor profile is desired. Especially good in Vienna Lagers, Octoberfest, Pale Ale or IPA’s. Retains sufficient enzyme content to be used as a Base Malt.
- Golden to light orange color tones.
- Slightly sweet.
- Warm, malty and toasty notes.
STORAGE / SHELF LIFE
Store in a temperate, low humidity, pest free environment at temperatures of less than 90 ºF. Improperly stored malts are prone to loss of freshness and flavor. Whole kernel diastatic and pre-ground malts are best when used within 12 months from date of packaging. Whole kernel roasted malts may begin to result in slight flavor loss after 18 months.